Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Dishcloths

I started knitting dishcloths when I bought the Knitorama book last year. Since then I have only knit about 5 or 6 but I absolutely LOVE using them. I thought it was about time I took a pic of my beloved cloths so here is a picture of my first (far left), one I knit a few months ago (middle) and one I finished this morning (far right). They wash beautifully and age so natually! They are also the toughest dishcloth I have used in a long time - no holes in these guys! They have all been knit using craft cotton which I bought from Atkinsons in Sheffield. I can get about 3 dishcloths from each ball of 99p cotton which is great - I do the colours with left over bits of coloured cotton.



Also I have just started another dishcloth design from the Mason Dixon Knitting book. I ordered the Peaches & Creme yarn for these dishcloths from Ebay about a year ago in two lovely colours; Apple Green and Strawberry and Cream. Here is the cloth I am knitting in Strawberry and Cream:



It's a nice easy pattern to knit but the effect is really great. Here is a close up:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home